Sunday, February 22, 2015

Blog Post #2: "When We Left Earth" NASA Documentary and Space Travel

"When We Left Earth", a NASA documentary produced by the Discovery Channel, was a compelling series of episodes over American space travel and how we pioneered one of the final frontiers- space. Consisting of 6 episodes, "When We Left Earth" documented everything from the first Mercury missions on through the Gemini and Apollo programs, the construction and launch of the space shuttle, as well as the upbringing of the Hubble Telescope, SkyLab, and International Space Station. The series was created in part with NASA to help celebrate the agency's 50th anniversary (in 2008). The series, in my opinion, was very instilling and entertaining. I have had the pleasure to meet some of these astronauts in person thanks to my father and wished I had been old enough to realize just how special these men and women are/were. This documentary series was inspiring and just absolutely awesome. I never really wondered about space or thought about how it would be to go up there. Now I do, I would love to go into space, into the unknown. Space is an awesome place, it's the final frontier- and we should pioneer it. Especially at the rate that we are destroying the Earth, we may need it in the not so distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment