Monday, May 18, 2015

Favorite Peer Projects

All of my classmates' projects did very well this quarter in terms of quarterly projects. But I feel a few stand out as being exceptionally well done, in both presentation as well as execution of a topic and the teaching of said topic. Among these few I would like to mention three: Calvin Vu's project over The Unique Properties of Space, Acacia Cornado's project over Black Holes, as well as White Holes by Zakaria. First, Calvin Vu's project over Unique Properties of Space surprisingly taught me some facts that I was not aware of. Facts such as that a human can survive up to 30 seconds without any sort of protection in space. I didn't think this was possible and I believed that you would freeze, explode/compact, or something along the lines of that. But most other facts that he covered in his presentation I already knew. Acacia's project over Black Holes, on the other hand did not teach me much other than details that I deem somewhat irrelevant. But the project was very well put together and executed with well payed attention to details. It was very factual as well. Zakaria's project was the other side of the coin in my opinion. While not very well presented nor being projected properly in my opinion, the project's subject matter was something to pay attention to. The idea and theory of White Holes is something that is not very well known nor spoken or understood. Being mathematical in concept, I feel that the theory of white holes is very much "swept under the rug" despite being a very logical concept as well as being a very interesting one.


No comments:

Post a Comment